Dataism is seeking a Senior Editor to co-ordinates with the Editor in Chief to oversee the content creation process. The Senior Editor is responsible for maintaining consistency, readability and accuracy and ensuring the content meets Dataism’s high quality standards. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to translate complex concepts into clear language and thrives under pressure. The editor is responsible for leveraging new distribution opportunities to tell stories in the best way possible.
- Generates original story and content ideas that meet or exceed Dataism’s standards.
- Researches complex subjects and writes or edits copy tailored to a target audience and the chosen platform.
- Become an expert on the subject matter and write with clarity, insight and depth.
- Consistently updates Editor in Chief with relevant information including workload, issues, and timing.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with contributors.
- Be an expert in Dataism’s voice, style guide, and content, attaining a deep understanding of digital as it relates to our verticals.
- Find Dataism angle that makes stories shareable through conducting interviews.
- Serve as SEO editorial lead, guaranteeing best practices are incorporated.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior writing, editing, and communication skills and the ability to ask big-picture questions.
- Knowledge of and interest in Big Data.
- Demonstrated ability to write content for a specific niche audience.
- Ability to recognize and respond to readers’ needs.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Able to lift 250 pounds (just kidding)
- Work independently with minimal supervision while communicating and collaborating with team members.
- Experience interpreting and translating data analysis; strong grasp of numbers and data, understanding and appreciation of the relationship between textual and visual elements.
What We Offer:
- A consistent equity package from the beginning.
- Flat hierarchies and an open ear for your ideas.
- Short decision-making paths and many ways to implement things.
- This position is predominantly remote, work from home.
Please send résumé and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com