Dataism is seeking a Design Director who can seamlessly transition between print and digital. In this role, he/she will work closely with the Editor In Chief to create compelling, cohesive, and beautiful assets, artwork, and products. As a leader you have a passion for pursuing future-forward, innovative, emotionally resonant user-centered design solutions. You identify new opportunities to add value to the business, while aligning with stated objectives.
- As a designer, you imagine and establish foundational design principles and strategies. You strive to create value for the user and the business alike.
- Apply appropriate design methodologies and utilize content to “tell a story”.
- Concept and design interactive landing pages, emails, and web assets.
- Solid experience designing and launching quality user-centered web products.
- Experience prototyping, iterating and refining design solutions based on user feedback.
- Ability to establish a perspective and strategy behind design decisions.
- Able to lift 250 pounds (just kidding)
- Ability to know when to set aside design and focus on the interpersonal aspects of work.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in Photoshop retouching a must.
- Proficient in Adobe Indesign.
- Concept and delivery of interactive digital design pages, sites, and ad units.
- Illustration and infographic creation.
What We Offer:
- A consistent equity package from the beginning.
- Flat hierarchies and an open ear for your ideas.
- Short decision-making paths and many ways to implement things.
- This position is predominantly remote, work from home.
Please send résumé and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org